Labels

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Summer Style on a Budget in Second Life


My last couple of posts featured outfits that ended up being pretty expensive, mostly due to being made up of a mix of items I've bought over the past few months, so I thought I'd highlight some nice cheap deals I've found recently at Navan Designs and Dark Creations.

Up top: The 99 Linden Ripped Jeans outfit. Perfect for your white trash role-play, hanging out in dark alleys, hunting hogs in the the swamp or even for dressing up as hot man-wolf Alcide from True Blood! The 99 Linden sets are a fantastic value, as they come complete with boots/shoes, hats, sunglasses and other accessories that can expand your wardrobe without spending a lot of lindens. Many of them are available in a variety of colour choices, so you're sure to find something you just have to add to your wardrobe! Photo Location: The Wash


This is the 99 Linden Mr DJ outfit in black. Again, an awesome deal at 99L, with boots, wristwatch, cap, glasses, and two sets of headphones to wear on your head or neck - or both like I did for the photo!  Photo Location: Aqua Lounge


The 99L Summertime Outfit in purple denim. Cut little jean hot-pants that I'd never wear in real life, but which look kinda hot my avatar. With a very nice tank top, cap, glasses, belt, sandals and dog-tags, in a variety of colour options for the tank. European summer-style! Photo Location: Haulover Nude Gay Beach


Also at The Wash - there's a fantastic cart sale happening with some amazing finds all for only 10L each! Some great steals here, including home furnishing, fashion, gadgets and more. You can check out the most-excellent SL Freebie Hunters blog for comprehensive look at the items for sale.


The Wash is a fun sim, with a Rockabilly theme - a great place to go to listen to awesome spirt-lifting Rockabilly music while you shop. It's home to one of my favourite shops - Hell Bop clothing - the perfect place to get some blue-collar work clothes and fashionable retro '50s outfits.

It's also home to the Fab Free Headquarters - a fantastic place for new avatars to get all kinds of free goodies from top Second Life designers. I always recommend this place to all new Second Life residents!


I got a bit distracted in my shopping by this awesome place - The Carnival of Chaos! I'm a huge comic-book nerd, so there was no way I was going to miss a Joker-themed circus! (I luv the no-bats sign out front. lol!)





I didn't stick around to ride any of the rides as I was on a cart-shopping mission, but I did check out the main tent - where you can buy some Bat-Villain avatars and Bat-Merchandise.


Of course, no Joker circus would be complete without some hungry hyenas.




The Joker doesn't seem to be a fan of other clowns muscling in on his territory!

No comments: