Labels

Friday, October 30, 2009

I'm Back and Hunting in the Make Him Over Hunt 2!

I'm back exploring the worlds of Second Life finally! I was out of action due to the fact that my computer just wouldn't work properly with Second Life. Textures stopped loading, lag increased to the point that it was impossible to move around, and it just became a pain trying to explore at all. So I figured the gods of the Internet were just telling me to get my ass off the computer and go out and enjoy the summer - which I did!

The beautiful sunny day have now turned to our usual grey dreary winter norm, so I tried to figure out what the issue was with Second Life, and it appear to have been a firewall conflict with my router. I unplugged my wireless router and just tethered my laptop to my cable connection - and everything got spry and lovely again. Whoo!

I also started using the open-source Emerald Viewer on the advice of helpful residents in-world, and it's made a huge difference. It works so well with my laptop, and I love the ability to adjust graphic settings in a handy-dandy pop-up window at the bottom right of the screen. Its great for quickly cutting down lag-inducing anoyances like particles and other avatars when I'm hunting - which has been my latest obsession this past month in Second Life - hunts like the Make Him Over Hunt 2




I've picked up some awesome swag from this hunt - with 174 talented designers handing out great gifts there's something for everyone! I love the free SL Balance sneakers from hoorenbeek, the spiffy MHO jeans from *FIR* and the cute plaid Dylan shirt from DYN in this outfit - all available on the hunt!


The MHOH 2 hunt runs until Nov 15th, so there's still plenty of time to pick up the prizes, and there will be a end-of-hunt party on the 15th where all us intrepid hunters will be able to dance and show-off all our new loot.

No comments: