Labels

Monday, September 3, 2012

Tiny Green Hottie


I was planning on highlighting some current gay hotspots in Second Life that I've bookmarked but as usual I got distracted by something shiny in-world - this time it was an eeeeeeevil fortune teller game at Fallen Gods Inc. Marketplace Link / In-World SLurl.

I spent days at this location - one of my all-time favourite stores for fantasy skins, shape and accessories - trying to win a beautiful dark opalesque fantasy skin. I was a fun time chatting with the other assorted players there trying to figure out the correct way to win the prize - it turned out we had to both sit at the fortune teller, have it assign us a number than then find a an avatar with a corresponding number or percentage that would add up to 100%. It took me many trips back to the store but I finally won the skin with a helpful friendly avatar lady late one night.

I haven't even unpacked the skin yet, as I've been utterly enchanted with a new avatar I picked up when I got bored with the Fortune Teller game and started wandering around Fallen Gods: The PETITES Male Crystal Fae Tiny avatar.


I've fallen in love with the little green fairy guy. It's 100% mesh, and it turns out it's perfect for high-lag areas like Fallen Gods stuffed full of players trying to win a gorgeous skin. The reduced size of the avatar seems to reduce the draw weight considerably, so it's Sim-friendly. This is the first time I've ever worn a Petite avatar - it's kinda fun being so much smaller than everybody else in Second Life and navigating from the perspective of a 2-foot hight elf!



I've always been a sucker for fae and elven myths, design and iconography, so this is right up my alley. The introduction of full-mesh avatars has made it possible for us to wear beautifully-crafted and sculpted tiny avatars. These new Petites tinys by Yabusaka look to be inspired by real-world porcelain collectors dolls, with the same delicate serene features. Fallen Gods has created their own custom version of the Yabusaka Petite avatar, with the Crystals range in other-worldly iridescent hues of green, blue and violet with dragon-fly like wings, darker more intensely coloured Draco fae with bat-like wings, and the more subdued Elven line with more human skin-tones (and less-revealing clothing).


As this is a full mesh avatar I can't alter it's shape in any way, so I instead customized it to my taste with a few more purchases from other shops. Luckily there's a ton of creators out there designing new clothing, hair, wings, and much more for these beautiful new tiny avatars - many of which can be found at the Petite Avatar Kingdom Market.

I bought some new mesh butterfly wings that I was able to customize by adding some colour and glow with Second Life's basic build/edit tools, some hair from Wasabi Pills, some dead-sexy vines from Animations Rising, and a fun petites Animation Overider from Creative Insanity, to which I added some awesome animated flying/hovering/sitting animations from Kuso that I already had in my inventory.

EDIT: Kuso actually has a full Flying Pixie AO with gorgeous animated poses. It's a bit girly for me but some of the animated stands are perfect for a flying fairy so I bought some of them to add to my customized AO. Kuso is fantastic by the way - beautiful graceful animated poses all for only 10L$ each!












Photo Locations:



No comments: